Thursday, September 1, 2011

My Stroller

The Stroller...there are a million!  We had a hard time deciding what would work best for us as a new family.  I have several friends that have multiple strollers for every type of activity. Since I don't "Jog" a joggin stroller was not really necessary!  But I do like to walk...I was hoping to find ONE stroller that would do everything! 
I think I have found it!

I love my city mini!  My sister has it and I remember pushing my nephew down the narrow aisles of Off Broadway and it was great! Josh also loves it b/c it is light and folds up so well! When we decided on our carseat (chicco key fit), we were hoping that the conversion kit was available...and it was!  Here are some pictures to explain why I love the city mini! 

Here is our stroller, the City Mini Single.

Here is the stroller folded up. 
You literally grab the handle in the seat of the stroller and pull up. It's that simple...not to mention compact!
If you plan to use your stroller with an infant car seat, you will need to buy the adaptor separately.  We have the Chicco Key Fit carseat and purchased the Chicco specific adaptor for the stroller. 
All the pictures I saw online show the infant seat sitting down in the stroller like most travel systems.  We were so curious how it would fold up!
(see below)
We got our stroller this weekend and thought we better test out the system sooner than later.
Once we got the directions out...it stated to remove the cover of the stroller (the seat part) to add the adaptor.  We tried not to at first for it to match the picture above...but it really doesn't work that way.
Josh ended up taking it off the outside cover and adding the adaptor.
Here is what the infant seat looks like in the City Mini with the outside removed.
I LOVE IT! 
Now the city mini is like a frame for the infant seat.  I love that it's not bulky and the carseat sits up so high!
Plus, it still folds up really well.
Since there aren't great pics out there showing strollers and adaptors...I thought this might help anyone looking at strollers! 
Now obviously, I love this stroller for as much as you can...without actually having a baby to put in it!
I hope this helps anyone out there looking!
{cm, cm folded, adaptor}

**UPDATE: there are great accessories for cup holders, keys, etc.  We plan to use those as well! 

1 comment:

  1. I love how compact it is! Mine is so bulky when folded up. It is quite heavy too and hard for me to pull in and out of the car all the time. The only thing I could see that might be something that will bother you would be that there isn't much storage underneath it to put the diaper bag, a drink, etc so you don't have to carry it. That is one of the only good things about ours is that it is huge underneath so I can put the diaper bag under easily along with other things. Other than that, it looks amazing and looks like it will be a really great stroller. I am looking at one just like this, only the double stroller version. You'll have to update us on how you like it once she is here and you have used it several times. It looks really great!

    ReplyDelete